The future of work is hybrid. It is proven by everyday reality, but also by the results of surveys: in 2022, over 80% of employees are satisfied with being able to work remotely, two-thirds believe that they are more productive when they can choose where to work, but only a quarter appreciate that employers are ready to adopt the hybrid way of working. (*) If your employees complain that they don’t have the tools they need to work remotely, the effectiveness of teamwork is low, and security is a challenge you can’t control, Cisco Webex may be the solution you need. To support companies struggling with such problems, Datanet Systems recently organized the webinar “Post-pandemic challenges and effective solutions for a hybrid work environment“, in which the company’s specialists presented concrete ways in which the Cisco suite’s functionalities can provide the necessary solutions.
„To ensure the necessary flexibility and security for the hybrid work, it is necessary to be able to secure access to the company’s resources, whether we are talking about employees, collaborators, partners, or customers, to be able to deliver the essential collaboration tools and to ensure extended visibility over working environment, which allows us to proactively address the needs that arise at the level of end users“, explained Petre Popescu, Presales Manager at Datanet Systems.
Why to choose Cisco Webex?
The Cisco Webex cloud platform meets all these needs by ensuring:
- Natively integrated security; Security is a built-in feature of the Cisco platform, not a feature to be added. Webex natively meets the requirements of a significant number of security standards and regulations from various fields with strict requirements in this regard, such as ISO 27001/27017/27018/9001, GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA, COPPA. Communication – either messaging, audio or video calls, file sharing, etc. – is end-to-end encrypted, the platform allows the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) and Single-Sign-On (SSO), guest control, secure remote deletion of Webex content from end devices, and companies can choose where the files and messages are stored, in order to comply with Cloud data sovereignty requirements.
- Smart collaboration features; Cisco is constantly expanding the platform’s capabilities by developing new functionalities – over 1.000 were added last year alone. The platform provides companies with a completely easy-to-use Cloud telephony system, advanced messaging solutions, and video/audio meetings, interactive collaboration through its own Whiteboarding solutions, the possibility to organize events with up to 100.000 participants. All these components are continuously developed by adding new functionality. As an example, the new intelligent technologies used by Cisco for audio optimization eliminate background noise, even if it is the voices of other people speaking in the background. The virtual assistant – Webex Assistant for Meeting – is now capable of translating and subtitling (Speech-to-Text) in real-time from 13 languages of international circulation to more than 100 languages, can take voice commands and allows the creation of specific commands (with the help of Webex Assistant Skills). The Webex Webinar functionality allows the organization, directly from the Cisco platform, of interactive events with up to 10,000 participants, while with Cisco Webcast, the audience can be up to 100,000 people.
- Optimization of collaboration methods;Cisco is constantly developing the capabilities of the Collaborate Insights component, which provides detailed information at the end-user and team levels to enable companies to optimize the work conditions and the ways of collaboration. For example, Personal Insights delivers information that allows employees to define their personal preferences and personalize interactions with colleagues, while Team Insights provides anonymized information about the collaboration patterns used by team members (how they interact with each other, preferred channels, level of participation and involvement of members, problems encountered, results achieved, etc.), with the help of which managers can make improvements in real-time.
Another important competitive advantage of the Cisco platform is given by the increased level of compatibility. Webex natively integrates with apps, such as Microsoft 365 (including Teams), Box, Google Chrome, Salesforce, Slack, ServiceNow, Miro, Trello, Mail Chimp, etc, and offers the possibility of integrating them into workflows. Moreover, during the webinar, the Datanet specialist demonstrated how Webex can integrate with the Slido application, allowing companies to conduct surveys, questionnaires, real-time voting systems and real-time Q&A sessions.
The work scenarios presented in the webinar “Post-pandemic challenges and effective solutions for a hybrid work environment” organized by Datanet Systems, can be viewed below.
For additional technical information about the Cisco Webex platform, as well as about the full range of services provided by Datanet, please contact us at email@example.com.
For additional details about the Webex platform, please access the following materials made by Datanet specialists:
- Switch to the new collaboration experience with Webex
- Datanet Systems Guide to Adopting the Cisco Webex Collaboration Platform