COMPONENTS AND FUNCTIONALITIES
Terminal device for IP traffic transport system via NB-IoT
Main characteristics of IP traffic transport system via NB-IoT:
- 1 Ethernet port 10/100Mbps
- Bidirectional communication for IP traffic
- Fragmentation of IP packages longer than 512B for transport via NB-IoT
Communication server for IP traffic transport system via NB-IoT–virtual appliance installed in the client’s IP central network
- Ensures the routing and tunneling of IP traffic between the client’s central network and the communication server of the NB-IoT service operator
- Fragments the IP packages longer than 512B, for transport via NB-IoT
- Enables the integration with SCADA applications
SPECIFIC BENEFITS OF IP TRAFFIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM VIA NB-IOT
- The solution ensures bidirectional communication for IP traffic between a central location and multiple remote locations of the client, transporting IP packages through a NB-IoT network.
- It is suitable for client-server applications, where the server installed in the central location sends requests and commands to multiple remote devices, such as Modbus, SCADA, MQTT, HTTP REST.
- The solution ensures a simple integration in the client’s applications and easiness in using the system.
OTHER TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- The remote device contains the internal antenna and enables the addition of an external antenna, with a SMA male connector
- External supply of the device at 5Vcc, with a MicroUSB connector
- A central virtual appliance may communicate with up to 128 remote devices. To ensure the communication with more than 128 remote devices, central multiple virtual appliances are installed.
INTEGRATION IN SCADA ENVIRONMENT
The IP traffic transport solution via NB-IoT may be integrated with a SCADA system by adding a DNP3 device/Modbus gateway between the client’s SCADA application and the central IP/NB-IoT communication server.
The gateway is seen by the SCADA application as a DNP3 outstation and acts like a Modbus master to remote devices. In the gateway, a translation table is configured with associations of DNP3 and Modbus commands.
The gateway periodically reads data through Modbus from remote devices. The client’s SCADA DNP3 server application transmits its requests to the gateway with a DNP3 outstation role and immediately receives answers from it, containing the most recent values read by the gateway through Modbus from the remote devices.
When the gateway receives writing commands from the DNP3 server, it transmits Modbus TCP commands to the remote devices, according to the configuration in its DNP3-Modbus translation table.
COMPLETE PROJECTS OFFERED BY DATANET
Datanet ensures the following services:
- design of the IP communication system through NB-IoT
- delivery, installation and integration of devices and of the server;
- full training, service and technical support services.
REGISTRATION FOR DEMO
To become familiar with the presented products, you can contact us at email@example.com, in order to participate in a system operation demonstration.