Datanet Systems has an extensive portfolio of application virtualization solutions in local data centers and in the Cloud. We offer consulting services, design, implementation and configuration of virtual infrastructures, as well as migration solutions from the physical to the virtual environment.
Datanet Systems virtualization solutions ensure:
- consolidation of physical infrastructures;
- optimizing the use of resources;
- the possibility of using local and cloud computing resources managed individually;
- scalability and flexibility;
- simplification and automation of operating activities;
- controlling the use of resources through cost models;
- improving the security of applications and data.
The offer of premium solutions and services provided by Datanet Systems ensure the simplification and efficiency of the operational activities in the datacenter. The experience and competencies of Datanet Systems, together with the possibility of validating the solutions and configurations in the company’s laboratory, allow a rapid collection of of the pursued benefits.
More details on the benefits Datanet Systems’ solutions can be found on the following pages:
- Enhance container usage with Cisco Container Platform
- Extend the benefits of hyperconvergence with Cisco HyperFlex 3.0
- How do you get rid of data centers „zombie” servers?
- Are on-premises data centers an endangered species?
Datanet Systems Partners: Cisco, VMware, EMC, NetApp, VEEAM.
Datanet portfolio products and technologies:
DATA CENTER VIRTUALIZATION
Virtualization is software-based, it simulates hardware functionality and creates a virtual computer system. This allows IT organizations to run multiple virtual systems – and multiple operating systems and applications – on a single server. The resulting benefits include savings and increased efficiency.
A virtual computer system is known as a “virtual machine” (VM): an isolated software container that contains an operating system and applications. Each VM is completely independent. Placing multiple VMs on a single computer allows multiple operating systems and applications to run on a single physical server.
The VMware hypervisor disables the virtual machines from the host and dynamically allocates computing resources to each virtual machine as needed.
The advantages offered by virtualization:
- Run multiple operating systems on a single physical machine, split system resources between virtual machines;
- Security isolation at hardware level;
- Maintain performance with advanced resource control;
- Save the full state of a virtual machine to files;
- Move and copy virtual machines as easy as moving and copying files;
- Unique point of management.
Advantages provided by VMware solutions:
- High availability of virtualized systems;
- Automated management methods;
- Operational intelligence that allows the solution to adapt to changes in the hardware environment;
- Optimizing the use of resources through automatic methods of load distribution between multiple hardware devices.
Cisco HyperFlex offers a complete software-defined infrastructure that contains computing resources, data storage and networks. It combines software-defined computing using Cisco UCS servers, software-defined storage using Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform and software-defined networking (SDN) using Cisco Unified Fabric, which seamlessly integrates with Cisco ACI infrastructure. With hybrid, all-flash and all-NVMe configurations, self-encryption options, and a new accelerator engine, the systems provide a pre-integrated cluster that can be up and running in one hour and allow each resource category to be scaled to meet closely meets the resource needs of your applications.
Cisco HyperFlex supports:
- multiple hypervisors and virtualized environments (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere),
- Docker containers with Kubernetes and
- multicloud services.
The solution is prearranged for:
- virtual desktop environments (Citrix or VMware);
- Oracle Database;
- Microsoft SQL Server;
- big data applications including Splunk and SAP HANA and
- graphics-accelerated high-performance computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning applications (ML).
DATA CENTER MANAGEMENT
Cisco Intersight SaaS offers a level of management that allows IT organizations to analyze, simplify and automate their computing environments in ways that were not possible with previous generations of tools.
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Management: Cisco Intersight offers a unique interface that can access hundreds of centralized and remote locations, with support for the entire infrastructure life cycle.
- Configuration: You can use server profiles to specify the identity, configuration, and connectivity of a server. After checking the compatibility of the server model, processor, firmware, adapters, operating system and drivers, the Intersight recommendation module displays the status of compliance with the hardware compatibility list (HCL) and identifies the validation problems.
- Implementation: All you have to do is connect the power and network cables and claim the servers in the user interface. Apply a server or cluster profile to a HyperFlex server or cluster and your systems will be configured automatically within minutes. You can place your systems in logical groups that can identify a location, function, or cluster. With your consolidated inventory in Cisco Intersight, you never lose track or control of the infrastructure you implemented.
- Monitoring: The Intersight dashboard gives you a global perspective on the infrastructure and its status, helping you to proactively recognize situations that could become real problems. You can see logical components or configurations, such as nodes in a HyperFlex cluster. You can view the details in any specific entity and you can see its physical configuration, firmware revision and usage information. Monitoring alerts you regarding problems and telemetry information is optionally communicated to the Cisco Technical Support Center.
- Maintenance: Intersight allows you to define configurations through reusable policies and profiles, allowing you to maintain consistent configurations and also to make changes very quickly on a large number of devices. For HyperFlex clusters, software updates can be performed in a consecutive, non-disruptive way. For Cisco UCS C Series Rack servers, firmware updates can be made regardless of where they are located.
- Technical assistance: Obtaining assistance usually involves recognizing a problem, opening a support case, creating and sending log files for troubleshooting, and working with a technical assistance engineer to solve the problem. The Intersight platform does everything automatically through Cisco Connected TAC. If the telemetry data reveal errors that indicate a serious malfunction, the platform may automatically transmit diagnostic information to the Cisco TAC to quickly determine the root cause. In addition, Cisco Intersight tracks the status of the support contract for your systems, which helps you ensure that you have the technical support you need when you need it.