Datanet Systems, a company recognized as one of the top IT system integrators, a leader in the IT communications infrastructure, unified communications, videoconferencing, and data center infrastructure solutions, takes an active role in the community in which they operate.
The core values of Datanet Systems, which support the company’s vision and mission, are customer satisfaction, continuous growth and evolution, the orientation of the entire business towards customer’s business needs, high motivation of employees, cultivation of a spirit of dignity, seriousness, and respect both within the company and in relationships with its partners and support for society and the environment.
In the direction of the social responsibility assumed, Datanet Systems acts mainly in the following verticals:
- Facilitating IT education for talented young people who want a career in this field, and
- Prevention of environmental pollution
Social responsibility actions in the direction of IT education
- We support secondary school students by sponsoring the National Olympics for Computer Science for Gymnasium;
- We support the Cisco Networking Academy teacher training and staffing management training system.
Preventing environmental pollution
In the direction of environmental responsibility, we are currently performing the following actions:
- We collect and treat electrical and electronic waste equipment placed on the market, waste batteries placed on the market, plastic waste, metal, paper packaging, light bulbs and luminaries in its activity.
WEEE is the fastest growing municipal solid waste streams, because the need to be in step with the technology is becoming higher, and companies invest significant amounts to continuously improve their IT infrastructure. In Europe, the amount of WEEE generated record growth of 3-5% per year, 3 times faster than the total waste flows.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) are a special category of waste, and the collection, treatment and recycling are important for several reasons:
– You can avoid environmental pollution with greenhouse gases or harmful heavy metals – about 70% of the toxic substances that reach the landfill from such equipment;
– Can recover significant quantities of secondary raw materials from WEEE as have a high degree of recycling-reuse (between 85-90%)
– Recycling reduces our dependence on natural resources (finite) and is an important part of creating a sustainable society.
Romanian legislation obligate the EEE users not to dispose WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to collect this WEEE separately.
Datanet Systems comes in supports its customers by helping them to utilized the newest technologies, to respect the low, and to protect the environment in the same time
In this way Datanet Systems encourages customers to collect WEEE separately and give them to collection points of Ecotic Organization.
The symbol for electrical and electronic equipment that is subject to separate collection is represented by a garbage bin with wheels, marked by two X-shaped lines, as shown below:
WEEE collection points can be found here https://www.ecotic.ro/puncte-de-colectare/
Datanet Systems is registered in the Register of marketing of electrical and electronic equipment, with registration number RO-2015-09-EEE-0476-IV and in the Register of marketing of battery and chargers, with registration number RO – 2011 – 11 – B&A – 0400
Quoted sources: http://www.ecotic.ro/