WHY CISCO THROUGH DATANET?
The communication system has been purchased and implemented following a public acquisition where the successful proposal was based on Cisco equipment. The functional requirements of the system have naturally led to Cisco technologies, capable of ensuring increased flexibility, of efficiently using communication services of various types, as well as of providing high reliability.
Datanet Systems has been appointed to design the solution, to implement the project and perform post-implementation technical assistance. The implementation of the project was accomplished by Datanet Systems in good condition. The services provided have always been pursuant to the concluded contracts, with the strict observance of their provisions.
NECESSARY TECHNICAL RESOURCES
The solution provided by Datanet Systems has been designed with a modular architecture and multiple levels of resiliency and security, using the following products:
- Cisco 7600 for the core layer, completely redundant, high-performance platform;
- Cisco 7600 Security: firewall and IDS/IPS equipment for the protection of the core network;
- Cisco ISR 3900, multiservice platform and Catalyst Switches (layer 3 and layer 2) for the access layer;
- Network management solution based on in-house developed application combined with Cisco Prime and ZOOM International Call Recording;
- Cisco Unified CallManager, Cisco IP phones for voice communications.
A SYSTEM WITH MULTIPLE BENEFITS
The most important benefits offered by the new communication system include:
- Significant increase of availability of the communication system – through solutions that belong to the “carrier class” and “fault tolerant” category of reliability with “hot swap” modules,
- Extension of the new communication system lifespan – the new system enabling, through reliability, modularity, and flexibility, for a period of at least 8-10 years the provision of new applications.
- Increased stability – in case of any failure or scheduled technical intervention the total time of interruption of communication of a node does not exceed 2 seconds.
- Increased traffic transport capacity 100 times.
As a consequence of these benefits, the increase of availability and system efficiency are ensured, and the end user’s degree of comfort is expected to increase.
Ever since 1991 – the year of establishment – the main goal has been the provision of air traffic services for the aircraft that perform GAT (General Air Traffic) flights under IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) conditions in the Romanian airspace, as well as any other airspace delegated to Romania under international agreements.
At the same time, ROMATSA ensures a seamless management and development of the control activities of aircraft that belong to users or operators, promotes harmonization and integration into the European specialized system (EUROCONTROL), together with the Ministry of National Defense, ensures the coordinated usage of the Romanian airspace by the civil and military aviation.