LORAWAN PRIVATE NETWORKS – DESCRIPTION
LoRaWAN networks have a star topology and consist of an ensemble of radio gateways connected through IP connections with a central server (LoRaWAN Network Server) managing the gateways, users and network traffic. Between the Network Server and the client’s applications, software modules named Application Servers are interposed, which have the role to ensure compatibility between the communication protocols of the Server Network and of the clients’ applications. The traffic is AES128 encrypted.
Main characteristics of LoRaWAN private netwoks:
- Devices with low energy consumption (life duration of batteries: 1-10 years)
- 868 MHz licensing
- 3-5 km coverage in urban areas and 10-15 km coverage in rural areas
- Aggregated capacity: 0.25 – 5kbps/channel (3 - 8 channels)
- Propagation through buildings and walls
- Star topology and high scalability (thousands of sensors/gateway).
LoRaWAN technology is the optimum choice for:
- Point-multipoint communications
- Low data volumes (tens of KB/day/sensor)
- Systems enabling latencies in data transmission (tenths of a second)
- Lack of GSM coverage
- Lack of device power supply
- Difficult or impossible to cable
- Necessity of a TCO as reduced as possible
COMPLETE PROJECTS OFFERED BY DATANET
Depending on particular project requirements, Datanet offers two alternative solutions of LoRaWAN private network infrastructure:
- For medium and large networks, with thousands of terminal devices and high traffic values, close to technology limits: Cisco IXM outdoor radio gateway and Actility network server
- For small or medium networks, with tens or hundreds of terminal devices and low traffic values: Multitech MultiConnect indoor/outdoor radio gateway and open-source network server.
Datanet delivers LoRaWAN networks as complete systems, ensuring as follows:
- Projection and design for LoRa private networks
- Device production
- Development of applications for devices and Server
- Radio analysis of the location and sizing of the Lora private network
- Installation of gateways and of the server and integration of system components
- Service and technical support
REGISTRATION FOR DEMO
To become familiar with the presented products, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to participate in a system operation demonstration.