AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL INTEGRATED COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
A communications network for Air Traffic Control organzations provides to the public secure, reliable operations and services.
Due to their operational objectives and inherent needs of security and reliability, Air Traffic Control (ATC) organizations have very specific communication needs. Together with specific radar systems and air traffic operations, ground operations require a consistent voice communication infrastructure.
Datanet Systems delivers such a solution, designed and executed in a modular architecture, in order to fulfill the specific communication requirements of the Air Traffic Management organization and of the airports.
According to security requirements, the communication network must always be available and interruptions are not acceptable.
The ATC communication system uses IP and MPLS to operate the entire ATC voice and data traffic. An organized network of redundant communication lines and redundant network nodes are creates, which converge automatically in order to ensure continuous communication services for all terminals and services, even in the event of multiple failures and simultaneous interruptions.
In addition, the system can be easily expanded and upgraded, without affecting the operational traffic.
It allows the use of affordable IP communications services leased from telecom service providers and, most importantly, is fully compliant with the security and availability requirements of ATC organizations, requirements proven by 10 years of successful operations.
Proposed target groups for the solution:
- Air Traffic Control organizations;
- Data transport & monitoring networks.
BENEFITS FOR THE ATC ORGANIZATIONS
- The system complies the reliability and safety conditions of the ATC sector;
- It allows the use of affordable IP communication services leased from telecom service providers;
- It is easy to modified, expand and upgrade, without affecting operational traffic;
- By using a uniform design focused on IP MPLS traffic and routing protocols, maintenance is simplified and cost-effective;
- Using state-of-the-art IP routing and switching equipment, the total cost of ownership is reduced;
- Does not require any modifications of the existing, standard or proprietary legacy voice and data equipment;
- The service allows for the rapid adoption of new equipment using IPv6 communications.
BENEFITS FOR THE PUBLIC
- Increasing levels of safety and service continuity levels for air traffic control;
- Decrease in the costs for equipment, leased data transport services and operations.
AVAILABLE ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
Legacy Systems Interfaces Layer – The option to build an interfacing layer between the fast and convergent IP network infrastructure and legacy voice and data services interfaces, without affecting the resiliency of the end-to-end services.
Advanced Security Architecture – The option of partitioning the network into distinct layers, completely separated or capable of communicating in a controlled manner, all running on a common physical infrastructure.
- High availability and rapid restoration of voice and data transport system;
- In case of any failure or scheduled technical intervention the total time of interruption of communication to a node does not exceed 2 seconds;
- Protocols for radar and voice transport services;
- The application of multicast transport capabilities for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic;
- Using the scalability advantages for an IP network;
- The application of advanced fault monitoring tools from infrastructure to implementation level;
- The application of two, three or more simultaneous or alternative communications paths for highly resilient architecture (99.999% availability).
The solution provided has been designed with a modular architecture and multiple levels of resilience and security, using the following products:
- ASR1000 for the core layer, completely redundant, high performance platform;
- Cisco ASA: firewall and IDS/IPS equipment for the protection of the core network;
- Cisco ISR 3900/4000 multiservice platform and Cisco Catalyst Switches (layer 3 and layer 2) for the access layer;
- Network management solution composed by one application developed by Datanet Systems combined with Cisco;
- Cisco Unified CallManager and CiscoIP phones for voice communications;
- Zoom International call recording platform.